We are seeking a skilled chemical sales professional with experience in the semiconductor or automotive industry to join our team as an Account Manager! This is a sales-focused position, and the successful candidate will be expected to leverage their chemistry or chemical engineering background to create and close new opportunities while managing an existing customer base.
As a key influencer on a multinational team, the Account Manager is tasked with driving sales from company and product introduction, through product qualification, to closing the sale. The Account Manager establishes and builds relationships with potential and existing customers with the goal of increasing year-over-year sales. They act as the liaison between the customer(s), internal departments, and parent company with the purpose of selling products, aligning priorities, and guiding product development. The Account Manager provides technical and commercial guidance to customers, analyzes market trends, and works closely with customer contacts to anticipate product needs, accurately forecast product line demand, and develop pricing strategies. The Account Manager creates and fosters a positive team-focused environment by encouraging collaboration, facilitating trust, and supporting the company’s mission, vision, and values. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Up to 50% domestic and international travel is anticipated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS (performed under minimal supervision) include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in planning and strategy meetings by researching market trends, understanding specific customer needs, and presenting opportunities for customer engagement and penetration of products into markets.
- Create, maintain, and manage sales forecasts that meet agreed upon criteria for product groups.
- Capture, document, and report key sales process activities.
- Actively identify new business opportunities and establish contact with customer material decision-makers and industry influencers.
- Establish relationships with existing and potential customers to assess their needs and recommend candidate materials for sampling and evaluation.
- Maintain or increase the number of product samples distributed to customers for assigned product groups.
- Utilize available software to generate quotes, initiate part numbers, and maintain customer information.
- Drive the sales process from sampling and testing, through specification development and qualification, and into commercialization.
- Act as liaison between customers, internal departments, and parent company to ensure customer satisfaction, address technical and commercial issues, determine sales growth potential, align priorities, introduce strategies, and resolve customer problems.
- Represent the company’s interests by attending key customer visits to parent company facilities.
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Account Manager must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, responsive, and have the agility to adapt to an ever-changing sales environment. They must be able to maintain a positive, courteous, and professional manner with a focus on customer satisfaction. The Account Manager must have the ability to communicate highly technical information clearly, effectively, and at a level appropriate to the audience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials engineering, or related technical specialty is required; a Master’s or PhD in business or a technical specialty is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with material/chemical engineering, device packaging, or composite materials in the Semiconductor or Automotive industry.
- Proven ability to identify, create and negotiate the closing of sales opportunities while developing industry contacts.
- Ability to recognize and practice considerable judgment, tact, discretion, and initiative in a multi-cultural working environment.
- Eagerness to travel to develop potential and existing customers.
- Willing to share skills and knowledge and effectively give and receive feedback.
Fulfilling the essential functions of this position will require: Constant sitting, standing, and walking for prolonged periods of time, manual dexterity, and ability to hear and speak at a conversational level. Frequent vision, hearing, and motor control sufficient to operate a vehicle, and the ability to lift and carry up to 10.0lbs a distance of 20.0ft. Occasional ability to push or pull up to 50.0lbs a distance of 0.5 miles, to stoop, kneel, or crouch. May occasionally require feeling, vision, depth perception, color vision, visual accommodation, smell, and hearing sufficient to perform and interpret product tests.
This is a work-from-home position. Job functions are anticipated to be performed inside but may occasionally require time spent outside, in a cold storage facility, or extended travel to domestic or international destinations. Work involves the selling of non-hazardous and toxic/caustic chemicals. While no contact with any such substances is anticipated, odors, fumes, and gases may be encountered during customer visits. Home offices and visits to offsite customer locations may introduce other occasional and unforeseen atmospheric conditions or hazards. Trade show booth management may occasionally introduce electrical, mechanical, or height hazards.