We are looking for an experienced candidate to join our Customer Development team! Shin-Etsu MicroSi is an ISO certified subsidiary of Shin-Etsu Chemicals in Japan. Our focus is sale of chemicals and technology for the semiconductor industry.
The position currently available fulfills a succession plan for our Customer Development Manager. As such, experience managing employees in a customer service field is required. This position may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Our Customer Development Representatives work as a team in a fast-paced environment to manage all aspects of our customers’ accounts with an end goal of total customer satisfaction. CDRs act as the liaison between our customers, our parent company in Japan, and our internal departments for the entire order process from initiation to delivery confirmation. They work collaboratively across departments to thoroughly address customer concerns, respond to customer complaints, and ensure overall customer satisfaction. CDRs work closely with our outside sales team and are occasionally asked to assist with inside sales, marketing, and trade show lead follow up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Frequently communicate via phone, email, and in-person meetings with customers, internal departments, and our Japan-based parent company regarding product availability, pricing, order status, material returns, and customer data changes.
- Collaborate across departments and company levels to thoroughly address customer requests and concerns, including complaints and surveys.
- Manage all aspects of customer accounts with an end goal of achieving total customer satisfaction.
- Proactively provide inside sales support for existing customers and assist the Sales Team by identifying new business opportunities, understanding customer needs, brokering contact between the customer and the appropriate company contact, and other projects.
- Work within the organization to develop processes and documentation that comply with our ISO certification, and assist in training team members to the appropriate processes and documentation.
- Process all orders through the ERP system from quotation to sales invoice and shipping confirmation.
- Other miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned.
To fulfill these responsibilities, Customer Development Representatives are expected to communicate professionally with customers, internal departments, and our parent company in Japan on a regular basis. CDRs must be able to maintain a positive, self-starting attitude with a focus on customer satisfaction while working in a team-oriented environment. An attention to detail is essential in order to fully address customer concerns.
This position may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
QUALIFICATIONS include but are not limited to:
- Required: A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of customer development or customer experience.
- Required: Strong leadership skills and experience managing teams. Experience in a customer service environment is preferred.
- Required: MS Office proficiency with above average Excel skills. Preference for experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Experience with vendor management systems and vendor portals.
- A positive, customer satisfaction driven attitude.
Fulfilling the essential functions of this position will require: Sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time. Manual dexterity and ability to speak at a conversational level constantly required. Full hearing (ordinary, conversational, and other sounds) and vision (field of vision, near and far acuity, color vision, and depth perception) capability, with or without accommodation, is required. Frequent lifting and carrying up to 40.0lbs a distance of 20.0ft, pushing or pulling up to 40.0lbs a distance of 600ft, use of hands for handling and reaching. Occasional ability to feel and either stoop, kneel, or crouch.
This position is minimally or moderately supervised, depending on the task. Employee is expected to work out of the main office in Phoenix, AZ unless traveling to industry tradeshows, customer site, or vendor facility. During travel, certain atmospheric conditions may exist including exposure to non-hazardous chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation. NOTE: Due to COVID-19 conditions, this is temporarily a work-from-home position.