We are looking for an experienced candidate to lead our Purchasing and Planning team! Shin-Etsu MicroSi is an ISO certified subsidiary of Shin-Etsu Chemicals in Japan. Our focus is sale of chemicals and technology for the semiconductor industry.
The successful candidate will have well-rounded experience in purchasing, sourcing, production planning, and general operations. They will be willing to learn our systems from the bottom up and to step up with hands-on assistance when needed.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing and directing the activities of the Purchasing and Planning Department. They oversee 2-5 Buyer/Planners in a fast-paced environment with an end goal of total customer satisfaction. They oversee all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of parts, materials, equipment, and services from intent to purchase to delivery. They act as the company’s representative during contract negotiations, grievance resolutions, and vendor audits. The purchasing Manager works collaboratively across departments to track and complete special projects and improve team-to-team processes. All members of the management team are responsible for creating and fostering a positive team-focused environment by encouraging collaborative innovation, facilitating trust, and supporting the company’s mission, vision, and values. May require up to 20% domestic and international travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS (performed under minimal supervision) include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee a team of 2-5 Buyer/Planners with attention to employee development.
- Manage all activities of the Purchasing Department with an end goal of achieving total customer satisfaction.
- Represent the company during contract negotiations, grievance resolution, and supplier audits.
- Collaborate across departments and company levels to ensure raw material and finished good inventory levels and product availability meet demand.
- Assess current raw material availability, reasonably predict future availability based on the market, and adjust our systems accordingly to ensure that manufacturing needs are met.
- Work within the organization to develop and updated departmental processes and documentation that comply with our ISO certification, and assist in training team members to the appropriate processes and documentation.
- Coordinate with the Production Department to assign, schedule, monitor, and control manufacturing efforts to meet existing product orders and maintain minimum finished goods inventory levels.
- Frequently communicate via phone, email, and in-person meetings with vendors, internal departments, and our Japan-based parent company regarding material availability, pricing, order status, manufacturing schedule, and supplier data changes.
- Create and foster a positive team-focused environment.
- Other miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned.
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Purchasing Manager is expected to communicate professionally with vendors, internal departments, and our parent company in Japan on a regular basis. They must be able to maintain a positive, self-starting attitude with a focus on customer satisfaction while working in a team-oriented environment. An attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are essential to managing the Purchasing and Planning Department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required: A bachelor’s degree and a minimum 7 years of material management, requirement, and procurement experience. (Preference for Operations Management experience.)
- Strong leadership skills and at least 3 years of experience managing teams.
- Familiarity with Incoterms, hazardous materials, and international shipping.
- Equipment sourcing experience strongly preferred.
- MS Office proficiency is required with additional preference for ERP/MRP system experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics software Business Central is a plus.
Fulfilling the essential functions of this position will require: Sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time. Manual dexterity and ability to speak at a conversational level constantly required. Full hearing (ordinary, conversational, and other sounds) and vision (field of vision, near and far acuity, color vision, and depth perception) capability, with or without accommodation, is required. Frequent lifting and carrying up to 40.0lbs a distance of 20.0ft, pushing or pulling up to 40.0lbs a distance of 600ft, use of hands for handling and reaching. Occasional ability to feel and either stoop, kneel, or crouch.
This position is minimally. Employee is expected to work out of the main office in Phoenix, AZ unless traveling to vendor facilities, training events, or tradeshows. During travel, certain atmospheric conditions may exist including exposure to non-hazardous chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation. NOTE: Due to COVID-19 conditions, this is temporarily a work-from-home position.