The PBN/PG ceramic heater combines three layers of ultra-high purity ceramics, PBN-PG-PBN to produce an advanced micro-ceramic heating element system. Both our PBN heater (Pyrolytic Boron Nitride) and PG heater (Pyrolytic Graphite) are manufactured by high temperature CVD. These high performance elements exhibit outstanding thermal properties in a ceramic heater, including high thermal conductivity and anisotropy.
STRUCTURE AND MANUFACTURING PROCESS
The remarkable properties of PBN and PG have been combined by chemical vapor deposition as follows:
(Total metal impurities)
|< 1 ppm||< 1 ppm|
|Maximum suggested use
Tensile strength at high temperature (“a” direction)
|Thermal shock resistance||o||o|
|“a” direction 1000°C||3X107Ωcm||4X10-6Ωcm|
|“c” direction 1000°C||3X109Ωcm||2X10-3Ωcm|
PBN/PG Performance advantages
- Micro-ceramic heating element has an operating temperature to = 1600°C.
- High mechanical durability and dimensional stability.
- Dimensionally compact. PBN layer provides electrical insulation.
- Thermal gradients can be tailored to meet specific requirements.
- Eliminate outgassing and contaminations.
- High thermal shock resistance.
- Chemically inert to almost all metals, liquids and gas.
- Large variety of PG heater and PGN heater shapes available.
|Sizes (mm)||Ø380 MAX
|260 X260 MAX
|260 X260 MAX
200 height MAX
Custom PBN/PG Heater Design
Required minimum information is as follows:
- Shape…Size, structure of electrode.
- Temperature and thermal gradients of application.
- Atmosphere of application.
- Power source.
(1) Heating data of Ø4” heater
(2) Thermal gradients of Ø10” heater