SOLBIN is a modified VC-VA resin (vinyl chloride/vinyl acetate copolymer)
SOLBIN is a modified VC-VA resin (vinyl chloride/vinyl acetate copolymer), meaning that it combines the toughness and chemical resistance of vinyl chloride, strong adhesiveness and plasticity of vinyl acetate, and other polar groups that enhance adhesively and solubility. This VC-VA resin is highly versatile and can be used in many different applications. A modified resin such as Solbin has a range of useful features, including high toughness, heat resistance, and water resistance.
Features of SOLBIN
- Permanently flexible
- Tasteless and odorless
- Most grades are FDA approved
- Low moisture transmission rate
- Strong resistance against water and chemicals such as dilute
alkalis, mineral acids, alcohols, detergents and oils
- Vinyl chloride/vinyl acetate copolymer provides excellent
corrosion, abrasion and stain resistance properties
Characteristics of SOLBIN
- Dissolves in organic solvents such as ketones and esters.
- Forms an odorless, tasteless, and transparent film.
- Is highly resistant to chemicals such as acids, alkalis, and brine.
- Vinyl chloride/vinyl acetate copolymer produces a coating film
highly resistant to water.
- Coating films are fire-retardant and self-extinguishing.
- Films are thermoplastic and heat-sealable.
- Highly compatible with urethane and melamine resins.
- Products with hydrophilic groups favorably disperse inorganic
pigments such as magnetic powder.
- Products with hydroxyl groups react with isocyanate to form