Solbin C5R is a copolymer of vinyl chloride (VC) and vinyl acetate (VAc)
- Soluble in ketones, esters and chlorinated hydrocar-bons. Use aromatic hydrocarbons as diluent solvents. Insoluble in alcohol, oil and aliphatic hydrocarbons.
- Chemically stable and is unaffected by acids and alkalis at normal temperature.
- It combines high water resistance with low moisture permeability and low water absorption.
- Tough, resilient and non-flammable.
- Solbin C5R is colorless and transparent with a high re-fraction index, it can be changed into any bright color and produces a highly glossy film.
- It possesses an excellent ability to resist the effects of weather and aging.
- As a thermoplastic, films made with Solbin C5R can be easily heat sealed.
Grain Size,Passes wholly through 28 mesh sieve
Bulk Density (g/cc),~0.6
Composition (weight %),
VC,79.0 ± 4.0
VAc,21.0 ± 4.0
Degree of Polymerization,350 ± 50
Molecular Weight Mn,2.7 X 104
Glass Transition Temp. (°C),68
Solution Viscosity (mPa·s),60 ± 30
Solution Appearance,”Colorless, Transparent”