Shin-Etsu wafers have excellent thermal resistance and light transmission properties. The primary application for these wafers is for use in high temperature poly-Si TFT-LCD applications along with other applications that require high purity, high precision polishing.
Synthetic Quartz Substrates & Wafers TDS (2.04MB)
- Ultra high purity synthetic quartz wafers.
- Compared to ordinary glass, Shin-Etsu’s synthetic quartz possesses a low thermal expansion and extremely high permeability over the entire wavelength range from ultraviolet to infrared region.
Grades of Wafers:
- VIOSIL-SQ: Is produced from the same material as our high-purity synthetic quartz photomask substrate.
- VIOSIL-SX: Improved material which has been modified to provide better heat resistance for high temperature applications (1,000°C).
- External diameters from 3”Ø (76.2mm) to a maximum of 12” Ø (300mm).