Shin-Etsu Chemical’s TC-SAS thermal conductive tape is a non-acryl based, adhesive, double sided thermal tape that offers superior thermal conductivity, peeling and high adhesion strength properties. Additional advantages of the TC-SAS thermal conductive tape is the excellent electrical isolation features and easy to apply and remove for rework.
As demands for faster electronic devices increases, typically so does the amount of heat generated. If heat cannot escape efficiently, the performance of the device tends to suffers. That is why Shin-Etsu Chemical’s double sided thermal tape is made of thermal interface materials that are consistently utilized in the electronic industry and are considered an important tool in meeting higher performance targets for next generation devices. Silicone-based, thermal interface materials are thermally conductive compound which contain a high ratio of thermally conductive fillers. Shin-Etsu Chemical’s pad materials exhibit outstanding thermal conductivity because they fit snugly in the gap between the heat-generating device and its corresponding heat sink.
Shin-Etsu Chemical’s TC-SAS series thermal conductive tape is currently designed to be used for thermal conductivity and electrical insulation for power transistors, power modules, CPU’s, GPU’s, NorthBridge and other electrical components.
Shin-Etsu Chemical’s TC-SAS product offering is a non-acryl based, adhesive, double sided thermal tape that offers:
- Superior thermal conductivity with peeling and high adhesion strength properties compared to other acryl based adhesive tapes.
- Exhibit excellent thermal stability, since the base chemistry is silicone.
- Additional advantages of Shin-Etsu Chemical’s TC-SAS product offering are excellent electrical isolation, strong adhesion strength, and easy to apply and remove for rework.
|Thermal Conductivity||W /m-K||Laser-Flash Method||1.0|
|Density||g/cm3||JIS K 6249||2.2|
|Peeling Strength||N/cm||Shin-Etsu Method||6.0||6.4|
|Dielectric B reakdown Voltage||kV||JIS K 6249||3||6|
|Dielectric Strength||kV||JIS C 2110||2||5|
|Flame-Retardance||–||UL-94||V-0 (Shin-Etsu te st)|
|Low-molecular w eight s iloxane content||ppm||Shin-Etsu Method||100>(ΣD3-10)|
HANDLING AND STORAGE PRECAUTIONS
- Products should be stored in a dry place out of direct sunlight
- Avoid contact with residual solvents or oils as they may deteriorate the properties of the product.
- For better results, the substrate surface should be cleaned and dried to remove any dirt, moisture, or oils before application.