The products in our electrically conductive materials series have the superior qualities of silicone rubber, plus electrical conductivity thanks to the addition of carbon and other conductive materials. They are available in many forms, including sheets, tapes, O-rings and other desired shapes; and are ideal for electromagnetic shielding for office equipment and medical equipment, and as anti-static rubber for electric and electronic equipment.
Shin-Etsu Chemical’s EC-series exhibit superior electrically conductivity compared to synthetic rubbers in several ways:
- High electrical conductivity
- High thermal conductivity
- Heat resistance
- Cool resistance
Comparing the EC series to metallic conductors the EC series is:
- Easier for fabrication and more suitable for mass production
- Lower in density and higher elasticity
- Excellent flexibility
- Resistance to corrosion
EC series can be used for electromagnetic shielding, anti-static rubber, contact points, connectors, and an array of other application.
|Thickness||mm||–||0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0|
|Thermal Conductivity||W /m-K||ISO-22007-2||0.6|
|Density||g/cm3||JIS K 6249||1.2|
|Hardness||Durometer A||JIS K 6249||70|
|Tensile Strength @ 2mm thickness||MPa||JIS K 6249||7.0|
|Tear Strength @ 2mm thickness||kN/m||JIS K 6249||15|
|Elongation @ 2mm thickness||%||–||170|
|Compression set @ 150°C/22hrs||%||–||24|
|Volume Resistivity||Ω-m||JIS K 6249||0.025|
|Flame-Retardance||–||UL-94||V-O (@ over 0.15mm thickness)|
HANDLING AND STORAGE PRECAUTIONS
- Products should be stored in a dry place out of direct sunlight
- Avoid contact with residual solvents or oils as they may deteriorate the properties of the product.
- For better results, the substrate surface should be cleaned and dried to remove any dirt, moisture, or oils before application.