Thermal grease, X23-8079-2, is a Non-Solvent thermal interface material developed and manufactured by Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. Shin-Etsu MicroSi’s X23-8079-2 exceeds thermal management requirements of high-performance semiconductor devices. Through superior heat dissipation, the X23-8079-2 allows electronic devices to remain cooler and increases their long term reliability. Typical applications include semiconductor devices: power transistors, ICs, CPUs, stacked memory modules or any application that requires a thermal solution.
- Excellent thermal resistance (TR) and thermal conductivity (TC)
- Easily applied via dispensing, stencil printing, or screen printing methods
- Stable homogeneous mixture for consistent thermal performance
- High volume production product from a proven industry leader
- Available worldwide through established supply chain networks
- RoHS and REACH Compliant
- Shelf life 2 years
SEM’s X23-8079-2 material is available in several cost effective packages offering unique advantages:
- Syringes offer most flexibility, with the ability to utilize the same product package for production and field requirements
- Cartridges can be utilized with either manual, automated or silk-screening equipment. The delivery system allows dispensing of the material, while protecting the integrity and
exposure level of the unused portion.
- Bulk purchases with the lowest unit cost, are available for large scale production facilities where material is consumed at a rapid rate.
- Shelf life is two years from the date of manufacturing if in the original package un opened and stored properly. For reference only, not a specification.
|Shelf life (month)||24|
|Volatile Content (%)||0.24|
|Thermal Resistance **(mm2-K/W) (BLT:23µm)||5.8|
|Thermal Conductivity *(W/m °K)||5.0|
|Syringes||0.5 gm, 1.0 gm|
|Bulk||1 kg can|
|Custom Sizes Available|
|Storage Conditions||32°F to 85°F|